It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:26 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:43 am 

Hi Fellas
There is no Community Comp being used.
Power level wise as long as it fits the players pack spec you can take what you like. I'm not going to be going through peoples lists telling them things are too powerful etc as i believe that will just make more work.
You can take whatever army you want but remember that if units are from separate codexes they won't be battle brothers and come the apoc allies is banned.
If you take 3 detachments all from the same codex they will be considered battle brothers, so Decurion's and the larger detachments are usable.

If this is confusing people could you let me know please?

Its clear in my head but I may need to write some more in the players pack if its not.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:19 pm 

Hey Grimgut,

Formations ok?

Dad to confirm very soon.

Drokk

------Drokk da Irontoof------

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:55 pm 

Yes formations are ok

Sweet thanks let me know

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:42 am 

Argh so many options.

Tau or Eldar or Daemons or Marines i think.... good to narrow it down.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:15 am 

I will add you to player list wolflord

Take Daemons

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:03 pm 

Death from the Skies OK? Seems to fit the requirements of the players pack. Not looking to do any dogfights but the formations are cool.

Follow on question - are Vendettas OK to use? They are in the AM codex as legit units but with dfts in play they dont have stats. Forgeworld released an faq for them so I just wanted to make sure that was ok. Not forgeworld units as such.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:17 pm 

You can use your vendetta you will have to use the stats in the Astra Militarism Codex. (this will also allow you to transport Astra militaria models)
There will be no dogfighting.
The Vendetta has been Faq'd to be the same type as the Valkyrie from what I remember when DFTS first came out (pretty sure it was a ground attack fighter/ not fighter or bomber the other one). You will also need to bring the DFTS book as its not something many gamers are familiar with but if you want to use the attack formations etc then that will be fine.

Bias have added you to player list

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:16 pm 

Hey Grimgut,

Following on from this line of thinking, if we are using DFTS, what parts specifically are you using?

For example- the flyer types dictate who does or does not get the skyfire special rule. Flyer wing formations are pretty straight forward, but a flyer wing also gets a wing leader special rule. Are you allowong the use of Break Turns and additional pursuit movement?

This may alter what I was going to play in my list

Cheers

Drokk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:20 pm 

Bahh rules lol good question
Isn't all the break turns and all the pursuit moves in the dogfighting section? (we are not dogfighting)
I will have to check, how was this played at masters? I didn't see anybody doing any of these listed rules and im nure mike allowed it?

I will have to read up on these as I don't have a DFTS book.
Do you have one available?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:51 pm 

Hey mate,

Yes I have the book :).
Yes the rules I mentioned were used at masters 16 (or should have been, it was in players pack)
And I specifically checked with Mike for them to ensure I was interpreting his player pack correctly.

The dogfight phase is undoubtedly where this stuff is most advantageous, but the rules completely replace the flyer rules from the main rulebook. So only attack fighters get sky fire, flyers can attempt a break turn based on their agility score to turn an additional 90 degrees at any point during their move, and the pursuit value adds that many inches to any movement of a zooming flyer. There are a couple of other things but I don't have the book in front of me right now.

It is difficult to only take this supplement in parts as it is designed to alter an entire unit type into 3 distinct types.

Happy to go with what ever you decide but it does have an impact.

Drokk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:34 pm 

Thanks Drokk

Will have to have a think about this one, Would there be anyway of incorporating the flyer formations/attack patterns into the normal flyers movement/rules that everyone is familiar with?
If I can't get my hands on the book any chance I can meet up with you at outpost and have a chat and a look through?
Would be good to get someone's opinion who is full bottle on the DFTS, its just not something that anyone seems to use so it slipped my mind for this one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:41 am 

Hey Grimgut,

I think this is very possible. Understand not everyone is aware of DFTS and its implications.

The parts I recommend we use in that case are;
The formations and their requirements (xx number of flyers from same dataslate or xx number of flyers from same dataslate from multiple detachments/formations.)
The air superiority detachment (literally an army of flyers)
But all else is ignored.

That means no wing leader table rolls, ignore agility and pursuit values and associated rules, all flyers get skyfire regardless of type, your flyer type only matters for a wing formation.

Essentially then all other rules refer to the main rule book as normal (blast and templates can't target/can't hit flyers etc etc)

It may mean some players are taken by surprise if they dont know what the formations do (considering that each formation has 3 different effects depending on the type of flyer you are).

Personally while the formations are cool, they were hideously powerful in my masters games this year. Three storm ravens with ignores cover or tank hunter, or even flat out and then shoot was pretty effective for no extra points or "organisational chart" penalties.

I can try to get to outpost if you would like to discuss in person,

Cheers Drokk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:41 pm 

Hi All

Please note that tickets are now available at gamesworkshop morley if anyone is passing through there pick one up:)

As for drokks question to flyers there will be know wing commanders and extra flyer pursuit moves, flyers will act like normal flyers that are described in the 7th edition rulebook, HOWEVER the flight wings WILL be allowed for this event, should be interesting to see what people can do with them.

Those Who have reserved tickets could you please start sending payments through, this will help me get my organisation ready,
Thanks so much and I look forward to seeing you on the day.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:15 pm 

Please also note that the codex/rules allowance date has been pushed back to 21/09/16
So you chaos and blood angel players will be able to use your new formations!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:22 pm 

Legend Grimgut,

This helps keep it clear. List inbound in the next few days

Drokk