It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:23 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:30 pm 

Couldn't see any previous pages of such discussion so please link me if already active.

The question:
So where do you run your tournaments?

The Perth "Hobbit:Strategy Battle Game" community is currently plotting its 2017 tourney calendar and considering its options as to venues offering enough space for 20+ players and possibly a supply of fantasy 28mm terrain.

Any simple business/club referrals/recommendations welcome.

Other bits of info such as your personal experience as a player or tournament organiser doubly welcome.

Regards
Anthony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:36 pm 

HI

I am running a Kings of War tournament at Good Games Cannington.

I do work there so a little biased but there is free parking/toilets/ample space for 20 gamers/ snacks and drinks and most importantly does not charge for the use of the facility.

So all prizes or awards can go as store credit.

I am currently going through all the scenery/tables at the moment to get a good guide as to how many full tables we can field.

Please feel free to drop me a PM if you have any questions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:33 am 

Guess a lot depends on where. I'm NoR and you can't go past Gamagori. Huge space, and while I tend to run skirmish games could easily accommodate your numbers I think. All the facilities you'd expect.

While the carpark immediately outside is small, there is a massive carpark on the other side id the street. Josh has some terrain, but I'd check with him if there's enough for 10+ tables.

After running events at pubs and halls I've pretty much gone all in for Gamagori.

I so recognise it can be a bit of a hike to Wangara for the SoR folks, but I figure if you love gaming, you'll make the trip. After all, I've been to tourneys in Cannington and Mandurah

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:45 am 

The way the Skulls weekends are run these days it would be pretty easy to run an event on one of those weekends simultaneously with other events, I'm pretty sure they were shouting out for people interested in running events at the November weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:51 am 

I second Orange. If your looking for a pretty central location, the hall utilised by Outpost 6030 is pretty good (right next to the freeway, literally across the swan) and should be able to provide most or all of the terrain you would be interested in.

Shoot a message to the current committee for Outpost (Rathnard, eckythump, Soilworker, Teddles22 or Loki501 - think I got those down right), and check out what sort of arrangements you might be able to come to.

Solid answers might be delayed a few weeks - some committee members may change coming into the new financial year, but clearly any communications would passed onto any new members. Only a few weeks to July :)

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:47 am 

Cheers for the replies will definitely be keeping these tips in mind