It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:48 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:03 am 

Quote:
I guess people have had difficulty understanding the kings speach. Bluffs aside means lets be open and honest. Brooksey I think you need to rename this thread " Ultimate trash talking psych out attempt to cement my place on top of the podium ahead of Arron " :oops:
i doubt i will place top 3. matt is the man to watch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:21 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I guess people have had difficulty understanding the kings speach. Bluffs aside means lets be open and honest. Brooksey I think you need to rename this thread " Ultimate trash talking psych out attempt to cement my place on top of the podium ahead of Arron " :oops:
turn it up, No offence to any of you guys but I suppect generalmanship will be between Arron,Matt and Christain. I say this based on knowledge of what you guys have run in the past and how good of generals you are. my experince has been that the dice gods have to pass wind on you fellas and to hand beers over to your oppents for the games to go against you. Ill be happy if I dont finish last, I dont believe with these missions, with what I have (csm/daemon) and with what can be brought against, that I can honestly say I can really compete.

Who is not running Tau,Necrons,Eldar,Guard ? I think this speaks volumes as to what 40K is atm. you got some of these armys in your list then you can bring them pain. I can be competative but its an up hill battle. having said that I plan to make everyone work for there wins.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:30 am 

I'm trying not to be all that concerned this year. 40K has changed over the last year or so to contain much more extreme builds and it has become a lot harder to make a true 'take-all-comers' army.
I did make an army list I thought would be able to tackle virtually anything and even put all the models in a shopping cart, but then emptied it and am bringing something more fun instead of models I don't like that much.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 am 

Quote:
I guess people have had difficulty understanding the kings speech. Bluffs aside means lets be open and honest
I guess so. Not that I mind the degeneration, it can be said that I tried to start off noble. :D
Quote:
Quote:
Lol, kinda goes without saying really. :P
Quote:
Who is not running Tau,Necrons,Eldar,Guard ? I think this speaks volumes as to what 40K is atm. you got some of these armies in your list then you can bring them pain. I can be competative but its an up hill battle. having said that I plan to make everyone work for there wins.
I agree. Each of those armies capture objectives more efficiently than most, and that is the name of the game in 40k atm. That, and shooting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:58 am 

I've found that 6th edition is more about endurance rather than just grabbing objectives

That and being fast and shooty........or just playing Eldar!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:26 am 

Well as last place contender (and only then because 2 people couldn't make it!) I need every advantage I can get - so sorry my ace is staying in my sleeve until the day :P (I did at least state what army combo I'm taking) But good on you guys who did post up your lists and will giving you ++sports if I get to face you 8) . Looking at the lists though - if this is what was shared, how bad are the hidden lists? :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:00 pm 

Quote:
Well as last place contender (and only then because 2 people couldn't make it!) I need every advantage I can get - so sorry my ace is staying in my sleeve until the day
As the actual #16 last place wildcard contender, I disagree. This is the time to be throwing everything on the table :p
Quote:
Looking at the lists though - if this is what was shared, how bad are the hidden lists?
I feel fairly certain I can guess based off what I've seen and comments / questions asked.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:14 pm 

Quote:
how bad are the hidden lists? :cry:
To be frank? If I get the psychic powers/abilities off that I want, your generally better off letting me shout you a drink at the bar instead. :)
If not, and y'all play well. Its not unbeatable. Doubly so if dice turn against me :o

I heard ultimates is a cheese fest so came prepared.

Olly
Roleplayer09
Wolflord

Revenge shall be mine!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:17 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
how bad are the hidden lists? :cry:
To be frank? If I get the psychic powers/abilities off that I want, your generally better off letting me shout you a drink at the bar instead. :)
If not, and y'all play well. Its not unbeatable. Doubly so if dice turn against me :o

Screamer star is very beatble.

Just ignore the Star and kill all the weak scoring units.

Avoid the star, or tie it hard with durable units as you do this, and win on objectives.

Fateweaver must be on the board to use his re-roll at this event, so target him and kill him and grimore fail becomes likely.

Just dont shoot the screamer star with its 2++ is up and delete the rest of the army and keep it bogged down in melee with units like Wraithknights.

Focus barrage weapons on the grimore holder and he'll fail a LoS eventually.

A screamer star takes 2-3 turns to chew down a wraithknight. More if it gets a 5+ or a 4++

Or get first turn and alpha strike it hard before it gets its powers going.
Essentially, get the troops.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:22 pm 

Quote:
As the actual #16 last place wildcard contender, I disagree. This is the time to be throwing everything on the table :p
Well I bet you a pint you still finish higher than me Brookesy :D Wooden Spoon Challenge lol!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:23 pm 

I'm just happy to be going to Ultimates, considering I started playing 40k less than 10 months ago :)

You'll all notice my enthusiasm on attendance, once your see my terrible painting and lack of tactical forethought.
I posted my list, as i'm pretty sure everyone knows almost exactly what I was bringing anyways. Anyone who has played me knows I bring almost the same schtick every tournament.

I'm more interesting is seeing if anyone is bringing the new Marine Codex. I've not faced it yet and want to see what it can produce from you fine gentlemen.

I'm almost thinking the list Duane is alluding is a bunch of Centurions with Tigurius handing out some buffs, maybe?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Funnily enough - I would not describe the mix of armies being a "cheesefest" at any time over the last 6 years we've run the event. Not in a single year. Hard armies sure - but still lots of "take all comers" lists rather than many skews.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:34 pm 

Coming back on topic, how is everybody's painting and prep coming along?

I'm not that far off finished thanks to my awesome wife allowing me 12hrs of uninterrupted painting yesterday (hands are a bit sore today!)

Just the disco ball on my display board to do and thats finished!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:37 pm 

Quote:
Coming back on topic, how is everybody's painting and prep coming along?

I'm not that far off finished thanks to my awesome wife allowing me 12hrs of uninterrupted painting yesterday (hands are a bit sore today!)

Just the disco ball on my display board to do and thats finished!
Lots to go yet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:40 pm 

My Wraithknight is coming out pretty good. Got him all based now, just gotta spend some time picking out details and i'm done. Then it's on to spending time touching and finishing all the infantry/vehicles I never full completed. Good thing I have wed-fri off work!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next